The perfect partner to your Yorkshire puddings
You’ve all heard the typical love story of Romeo and Juliet but there is one love story so powerful that it can trigger emotions stronger than just love. Yes, we’re talking about Yorkshire puddings and gravy, a match made in heaven.
With the winter days drawing in, we know you all spend your Sundays longing for a tasty roast to finish the week just right, and what you need is a gravy recipe to help take your Yorkshire puddings to the next level. Just call us cupid!
Now we know how much discussion there is around what the perfect roast includes, especially the main attraction!. Is it beef, chicken, a nut roast or turkey? We’ll leave that for you to decide by giving you a recipe which works for whichever one you prefer!
What you’ll need
● 2 tablespoons butter
● 2 tablespoons plain flour
● 150ml port
● 2 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
● 1.6l of stock (chicken, turkey, beef or veggie)
Yes, that is all it takes for the perfect gravy! Amazing, isn’t it?!
1. Heat the butter in a pan and then add the flour to thicken (pro tip: add more flour if you want it extra thick) and stir until it forms a dark paste
2. Add in the port and jelly and cook down until it’s sticky
3. Stir in the stock and let it simmer for 5 minutes
4. Be amazed at how delicious yet simple this recipe is, especially with our Yorkshires 😉